Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
The protection of your personal data is very important to us. This notice explains the personal data Resolve processes about job applicants, how we process it and for what purposes.
Your data is held and processed in accordance with the Swiss Data Protection Act, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and in line with the Resolve information security policies.
The responsible body in the sense of the GDPR and other data protection regulations (data controller) is:
Place de Saint-Gervais 1
You can contact our data protection officer by mail at the address provided or directly by e-mail at at email@example.com.
2. Personal data collected by Resolve
2.1 Categories of data
Resolve may collect your personal data directly from you (e.g., when you apply for a job by e-mail and/or related follow up communications during recruitment process) or indirectly through alternative channels (e.g., via professional recruiting firms or information collected from your references during recruitment due diligence process).
Resolve collects the following categories of personal data about you as a job applicant:
- Information and documentation about you which you sent when applying for a job, apprenticeship or internship position; particularly your contact information, your CV and cover letter (if any);
- Any additional information we may collect within the context of recruitment (school and university career, internships, diplomas, your work and professional career to date, general information about your professional life, economic and financial information and, if necessary, about your personal life, etc.).
With your prior agreement, we may also approach third parties (for example a recruitment agency, reference persons you may have mentioned in your application file, previous employers, training supervisors or customers with whom you have worked on previous assignments) in order to gather information about you when considering your application or your profile.
In accordance with legal and regulatory provisions in force, we may collect information about you which is held by public authorities or organisations.
2.2 Purpose of the processing activity
Resolve processes your data in whole or in part for the following main purposes:
- To consider your application for a job;
- To contact you about your job application;
- To move your application forward;
- To send you notifications other vacancies which are relevant to you.
- To Perform all the tasks leading to the recruitment of a new employee, apprentice or intern, in order to fill certain roles (offer matching the profile you have set up may also be sent to you for this purpose). This implies among others selecting candidates and CV’s, setting up a new candidate file and using recruitments methods and techniques.
2.3 Data recipients and processors
Your data is processed by the persons in charge of the recruitment process (usually line managers) and in charge of the evaluation of your candidacy.
Furthermore, your data may be shared with any legally empowered authority, particularly when requisitioned by a member of the judiciary, police or administrative authorities.
Specifically, the recipients above are not necessarily entitled to receive all items of your data but rather only that data necessary to serve the purpose behind such a communication.
2.4 Legal basis
The processing of job applicants’ personal data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interest to hire staff pursued by Resolve.
The processing of your Personal data is, necessary for the execution of pre-contractual procedures, namely to analyze your application and determine whether we intend to enter into an employment contract with you.
3. Management and protection of your personal data
Resolve does not disclose your data to any third party, unless requested in writing by a legal authority in accordance with a legal obligation for the exercise of its official mission, or if the disclosure is necessary to protect your vital interest.
3.2 Retention period
In case your candidacy is not successful, we keep an history of your application in case you apply for another position at Resolve (identity, date of your application, position to which you applied, feed-back) for a duration of 2 year.
We may also keep your CV in our recruitment database if we believe your profile matches our future recruitment needs. In the latter case, your CV is cleared from our database after 2 year.
3.3 Joint controllers
When you apply to one of our open positions via a third party job portal, the data protection policy of the legal person owning the portal applies to the processing of your personal data by the said legal person.
When delegating the processing of the hereabove mentioned processing activities to third parties, Resolve ensures that such sub processing activity be governed by a written contract including terms which offer at least the same level of protection for personal data as those set out in this notice and meet the requirements of article 28 of the GDPR and equivalent provisions under the Swiss Data Protection Act.
3.5 Data transfers
Your application details may be transferred to Resolve servers hosted outside of Switzerland. These transfers of personal data to a third country are performed to countries that ensure an appropriate level of protection or are governed by appropriate safeguards under the terms of article 46 of the GDPR and equivalent provisions under the Swiss Data Protection Act.
3.6 Data protection measures
Resolve implements appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk faced by job applicants’ data.
Resolve guarantees compliance with and certification under ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
4. Data subject rights
Resolve would like to make sure you are fully aware of your rights as a data subject under the GDPR. Every job applicant is entitled to the following:
- Request a copy of your personal data held by us. Resolve is required to fulfil this request within 20 working days;
- Withdraw consent where that is the legal basis of our processing;
- Rectify inaccuracies in personal data that we hold about you;
- Request to remove personal data we hold about you;
- Restrict the processing in certain ways;
- Object to certain processing of your personal data by us.
Please see https://gdpr-info.eu/chapter-3/ for further information on the above rights. You may also contact the Data Protection Officer for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org